Terms of serviceView archived versions
21 December 2018
Welcome to this Reebels' legal text!
First of all, we would like to thank you for using our Services.
The present Terms of service (“Terms”) are written to regulate how you access and use:
- (i) our services, which include our website, our emails, or other services (collectively referred to as the “Services”);
- and (ii) any data or information, in the form of text, graphic elements such as photos, communications, or other materials displayed on, uploaded to, or downloaded from the Services (collectively, “Content”).
Through your use of the Services, you accept these Terms.
1. Who is allowed to use our Services
You are allowed to use our Services on the condition that:
- (i) you accept to be part of a contract with Reebels;
- (ii) you are not an individual banned from using the Services according to legislation of the applicable jurisdiction;
- and (iii) you are aged 13 years or over.
If you accept the Terms and use the Services on behalf of a legal entity such as an organization, company, association, or other form of legal entity, the words “you” and “your” used in the Terms refer to this entity, and you warrant that:
- (i) you are allowed by such entity to do so;
- and (ii) you have the necessary authorization to make such entity part of these Terms.
3. Content on the Services
The individual originating a Content is the only responsible for this Content. You accept that:
- (i) we may not supervise all of the Content provided by users via our Services;
- (ii) we cannot assume responsibility for this Content;
- (iii) we do not warrant the correctness, completeness, or trustworthiness of any Content posted via the Services;
- (iv) we do not support any ideas or viewpoints communicated via our Services;
- (v) you may be exposed to Content that could be inappropriate, displeasing, misleading or dishonest;
- and (vi) your reliance on or use of any Content obtained via our Services is at your sole risk.
You are responsible for your use of our Services, as well as for any Content provided by you to us. You agree that:
- (i) the Content you provide must comply with applicable rules and legislation;
- and (ii) you shall only provide us with Content that you can share with others without concern.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand that:
- (i) you can report inappropriate Content and find more information about reporting in our Moderation page;
- and (ii) we reserve the right to delete Content that contravenes these Terms (e.g. due to harassment, illegal behavior, impersonation, or copyright infringement).
3.1 Your rights and grant of rights in the Content
You keep your rights to the Content you post, display or submit, on or via the Services (e.g. your profile photo): if it's yours, it remains yours.
When you submit Content on or via the Services, you grant us with a license:
- (i) non-exclusive;
- (ii) worldwide;
- (iii) granting us the right to sublicense, handle, exploit, replicate, edit, publish, transfer, display, and distribute your Content via all distribution means (developed to this date or in the future);
- (iv) authorizing us to make your Content accessible worldwide and to let others do so;
- (v) authorizing us to deliver, promote, and enhance the Services;
- (vi) granting us the right to make your Content available to other organizations, companies or individuals to publish, associate, or promote your Content on other services, subject to our Terms;
- (vii) authorizing the modification or adaptation of your Content to adapt it to different media;
- and (viii) without any royalty or compensation to be paid to you.
For any Content you submit on or via the Services, you warrant that:
- (i) you have all the rights, licenses, authorizations and/or legal entitlements necessary to publish such Content and to grant the license characterized above;
- and (ii) such Content does not contain material infringing copyright or other intellectual proprietary rights.
Any proposition or feedback provided by you to us regarding Reebels or our Services is voluntary, and we can use them at our convenience and with no obligation to you.
3.2 Copyright complaints
If you have any reason to suspect that your Content has been used in a manner that infringes your copyright, do not hesitate to report it, contact our support, or write to us at this address:
Attention: Copyright agent, Mr Charbel Guijarro
15 rue Lasserre
82000 Montauban FR
If you want to report an account for impersonation, or are worried about how is used your entity or brand's name, you can report it or contact our support. Generally, these do not constitute copyright issues.
Reebels will respond to copyright complaints:
- (i) submitted in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, in particular its section 512 presenting the regulatory requirements to report a copyright infraction (and stating how a concerned party may appeal against a penalty by submitting a counter-notification);
- and (ii) alleging founded copyright infringement (e.g. unapproved usage of a copyright-protected image as a profile or header photo, post containing a link to an allegedly contravening material).
Before submitting a formal copyright complaint to us:
- (i) please verify that you hold a copyright that the particular material is infringing (e.g. consulting with an attorney since Reebels cannot act as a legal adviser);
- (ii) you can learn more about copyright law with resources such as http://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/IP, http://copyright.gov, or https://lumendatabase.org/;
- (iii) please consider if the use of such material could be viewed as fair use, noting that not all unapproved usages of copyright-protected materials are infringements;
- (iv) you may be willing to first contact the concerned user to try to solve the problem directly (e.g. requesting them to remove your copyright-protected material);
- and (v) please remind that you may be held accountable for any adverse effects, including costs and legal expenses incurred by our users or us, if you deliberately distort the alleged copyright infringement.
4. Use of the Services
You must use the Services in accordance with these Terms, as well as all applicable rules and legislation.
Without any liability to you, you accept our rights to:
- (i) make our Services evolve at any moment, at our discretion;
- (ii) temporarily or permanently stop supplying the Services or any functions of the Services, to you, some users, or all users;
- (iii) set thresholds on usage and/or storage at any moment, at our discretion;
- (iv) remove or decline to distribute any Content on our Services;
- (v) interrupt or cease accounts;
- and (vi) retrieve usernames.
You agree that, in return for granting you access to and use of our Services, Reebels may generate a revenue related to the display of Content on our Services, either submitted by you or others.
While accessing or using the Services, it is prohibited to do (or attempt to do) any of the following:
- (i) misuse or alter the Services (e.g. interfering with or accessing them without using our interface);
- (ii) access, use, or alter private parts of the Services, our providers' systems, or our systems;
- (iii) test or investigate any potential weakness of any of our networks, softwares, or systems;
- (iv) bypass or breach any authentication or security measures;
- (v) access, use or search the Services in any way (automated or other) different from the published, currently available interfaces that Reebels provides, according to the Terms;
- (vi) crawl the Services not complying with the instructions given in the robots.txt file;
- (vii) scrap the Services without a prior, written approval from Reebels;
- (viii) forge any TCP/IP packet header, falsify any part of the header information (in any posting or email), or use the Services in any way to send altered, misleading or fraudulent source-identification information;
- (ix) use a script to create Content;
- or (ix) disturb the access of any user, network, or host (e.g. email bombing, overburdening, sending a virus, sending spam).
If you are willing to edit, distribute, send, replicate, build derivatives, distribute, display, use developer features of the Services, or otherwise use the Content or the Services, you have to use the instructions and interfaces provided by us, and comply with these Terms.
We retain the right to access, store, and unveil any information if we have reasons to think that it is required to:
- (i) comply with any applicable rule, legislation, judicial process or governmental demand;
- (ii) identify, tackle, or hinder security, technique, deceit, or trickery issues;
- (iii) protect the security, integrity, ownership or rights of our Services, its users, and more generally any person;
- (iv) enforce these Terms (e.g. analyzing possible infringements);
- or (v) reply to support requests from users.
To start using any paying feature of the Services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms.
4.1 Your license to use the Services
Reebels gives you a license:
- (i) non-exclusive;
- (ii) worldwide;
- (iii) personal and non-assignable;
- (iv) authorizing you to use the Services provided by Reebels, as permitted by the Terms;
- and (v) without any royalty or compensation to be paid to Reebels;
Our Services are shielded by laws concerning trademark and copyright, as well as other laws of EU countries and other countries. These Terms do not grant you any right to use Reebels' name, logos, trademarks, domain names, or any other singular brand feature. All interest, right, and title in and to the Services (with the exception of Content that users provide) are exclusively owned by Reebels and its licensors.
4.2 Your account
Some of our Services are only accessible with an account. You may want to create one to use them.
In order to keep your account secure, you must use a password that is:
- (i) strong enough;
- and (ii) only used for this account.
Reebels cannot be held responsible for any prejudice deriving from your non-compliance with the precautions above.
The Services include communications with you. You can manage some of them (e.g. opting in, opting out), although you may not be able to stop a few key ones (e.g. service messages, administrative messages) that we consider necessary to keep your account secure.
4.3 End of the Terms
We may, at any time, suspend or delete your account, or stop supplying you with the Services or any functions of the Services, for any or no cause, including if we have reasons to think that:
- (i) you have infringed the Terms;
- (ii) you generate any risk for us (e.g. risk of legal exposure);
- (iii) you have behaved illegally;
- (iv) your account has been inactive for a long time;
- or (v) our supply of the Services is no longer economically stimulating.
According to the situation, we will try to notify you:
- (i) via an email to the email address linked to your account;
- or (ii) during your next attempt to access your account.
In all these cases, the Terms terminate, including your license to use the Services, with the exception of the following sections that continue in effect:
- 2. Privacy;
- 3. Content on the Services;
- 5. Limitations of Liability;
- and 6. General elements.
If you think that your account was suspended or deleted erroneously, do not hesitate to contact our support.
5. Limitations of liability
The “Reebels Entities” refer to Reebels, its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, parents, partners, corporate affiliates, licensors and related companies.
You accept that:
- (i) Reebels provides you with the Services on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis;
- and (ii) you access and use our Services and any Content at your sole risk.
The Reebels Entities disclaim all conditions and warranties, to the maximum measure permissible under applicable rules and legislation.
In particular, the Reebels Entities disclaim all liability and responsibility, either explicit or implicit, for:
- (i) adequacy with a specific goal, non-infringement, or merchantability;
- (ii) any disappearance of data, prejudice to your IT system, or other prejudice induced by your use of or access to our Services or any Content;
- (iii) the correctness, completeness, trustworthiness, rapidness, reachability, reliability or security of our Services or any Content;
- (iv) the satisfaction or dissatisfaction of your requirements by our Services;
- (v) the Services availability on a continuous, bug-free, or safe basis;
- and (vi) any inability to transmit or to store, or any erasure of, any Content maintained by our Services.
By using the Services, you agree that:
- (i) the liability of Reebels Entities is limited to the maximum measure permissible by applicable rules and legislation;
(ii) the Reebels Entities are not liable for any reduction of revenue or benefits, any special, occasional, disciplinary, or consecutive prejudices, or any loss of motivation, data, usage, or other immaterial losses, either induced in a direct or indirect manner, arising from
- (a) your use of or access to, or inability to use or access our Services,
- (b) any content or behavior of any third party making use of the Services (e.g. disrespectful, derogatory, or unlawful behavior of other users or third parties),
- (c) any Content you may get from the Services,
- or (d) non-permitted tampering of, usage of, or access to your content or transmissions;
(iii) the total liability of the Reebels Entities shall in no way surpass the greater of
- (a) the amount paid by you to Reebels during the last 3 months for the Services that lead to the allegation, if any,
- or one hundred and twenty US dollars (USD 120.00);
- (iv) the limitations listed in this section apply to any theory or argument about liability, either grounded in carelessness, warranty, infraction, agreement or otherwise, no matter if the Reebels Entities have been knowledgeable of any such potential prejudice, and even though a compensation presented presented above has not achieved its main goal;
- and (v) no piece of information or advice, either in writing or orally, obtained from the Reebels Entities or via the Services, will generate any warranty not specificaly presented herein.
6. General elements
6.1 Parties and understanding
The Terms constitute an agreement between you and Reebels, a company registered in the Register of Businesses and Establishments under number 841 949 316, whose headquarters are located at 15 rue Lasserre 82000 Montauban FR, EU.
You agree that you understand:
- (i) these Terms;
- and (ii) the engagements arising from these Terms and binding you.
For any question about the Terms, do not hesitate to contact our support.
6.2 Jurisdiction and enforcement
These Terms as well as any conflict arising between you and Reebels will be regulated by the legislation of the EU (except choice of law provisions). All conflict related to the Services or the Terms will be only brought in the state or federal courts located in France, EU. You waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts and agree to personal jurisdiction.
If you use our Services as part of your official capacity of local, state, or federal government entity, the Terms and any related action will be regulated by:
- (i) the legislation of the European Union (independently of conflict of law principles);
- and (ii), if federal legislation is absent, the legislation of the State of France (except choice of law provisions), to the minimum measure permissible under federal legislation.
The fact of Reebels tolerating not to enforce any provision or right included in the Terms must not be considered as a waiver of such provision or right.
If any provision in the Terms is held to be unenforceable or null, then:
- (i) that provision shall be narrowed or removed to the minimum measure required;
- and (ii) the provisions remaining in the Terms will stay fully applicable.
In these Terms and all other legal texts written by Reebels:
- (i) the verb “include” is used with its regular meaning, which is “include without limitation”, without denoting exclusivity;
- and (ii) the words “must”, “shall”, and “will” are considered equivalent, they stand for a binding obligation or interdiction, as applicable.
These Terms may be translated into a language other than English. Such translation is only provided as a courtesy, and the text in English prevails in any case of discrepancy with the translated text.
6.5 Changes to these Terms
The Terms may be revised occasionally. These changes will not be applied retroactively.
The most recent version of these Terms:
- (i) will be at https://www.reebels.com/legal/terms;
- and (ii) will regulate your relationship with Reebels.
If we realize a change that, in our judgement, is significant, we will send you a notification via an email to the email address linked to your account.
By continuing your use of or access to the Services once those revisions take effect, you accept the revised Terms.