21 December 2018
Welcome to this Reebels' legal text!
First of all, we would like to thank you for using our Services.
1. Cookies, local storage, and pixels
Our Services may use these Technologies to deliver a more effective and secure experience to you, for instance to:
- (i) let you log into Reebels;
- (ii) protect you against abuse or spam;
- (iii) store some of your preferences;
- (iv) show you posts as relevant as possible;
- or (v) customize the Content we deliver to you.
- (i) cookies are small text files that your browser stores, received from websites you visit;
- (ii) local storage is a technology letting a website store information, locally, on your device (e.g. computer, smartphone);
- and (iii) pixels are tiny blocks of code located in an email or on a website page.
We may exploit local storage in order to tailor the Content we provide you with, depending on interactions you may have had in the past with our Services.
Our Services, like many services, may make use of pixels to understand if you have interacted with our email or web Content, in order to quantify and enhance our Services.
2. Usages of these Technologies
Generally speaking, our Services may use the Technologies to customize, deliver, quantify, or enhance our Services, in a variery of ways.
More precisely, these usages fall into one or the other of the types described below.
2.1 Security and authentication
In order to:
- (i) protect your security;
- (ii) let you log into Reebels,
- (iii) let you access Content with limited distribution,
- or (iv) help us identify and tackle abuse, spam, and any other activities that may infringe our Terms.
E.g. helping authenticate users who try to access Reebels, helping hinder non-permitted parties from accessing reserved pages of your account.
2.2 Memorization of preferences
In order not to have to ask you the same information each time you visit Reebels.
E.g. helping remember your preferred currency or language.
2.3 Customization of Content
In order to personalize the Services with Content as relevant as possible.
E.g. helping understand which elements in your Reebels homepage you have already viewed (to provide you with the appropriate new Content).
2.4 Customization across browsers or devices
We do not use the Technologies to customize your Reebels experience on one browser or device based on information from other browsers or devices from which you may use our Services.
E.g. helping quantify interactions between users and our Services (frequency, durations, clicks...), helping test diverse versions of the Services.
We do not deliver ads to you. Therefore, we do not use the Technologies to quantify their efficiency or relevancy to you depending on your activity.
3. Where are these Technologies used
Reebels may use these Technologies on our Services, as well as on other services integrating our Services (e.g. applications, websites).
Likewise, third parties may employ these Technologies on our Services (e.g. detecting your click on a link on our website) or on their services.
4. How you control the use of these Technologies
We want to provide you with clear information about how you are in control concerning the use of the Technologies.
4.1 Your options
You dispose of ways to manage how these Technologies are used by us and other third parties:
- (i) you may wish to withdraw from Google Analytics by setting up Google’s opt-out add-on in your browser;
and (ii) you may want to change your browser settings concerning cookies
- or (b) to always require your authorization when a website is trying to create a cookie in your browser.
We do not recommend the browser option called “Do not track”.
Please keep in mind that, even though cookies are not fundamentally required for our Services to work, Reebels may not function as usual if you totally disable cookies.
4.2 The usages you do not need to care about
As explained in section 2. Usages of these Technologies, we do not exploit certain types of usages of the Technologies. Concerning these usages, no options are necessary for you: you simply do not need to care about them.
4.2.1 Customization across browsers or devices
Reebels do not use the Technologies to implement customization across browsers or devices. Therefore, you do not need any switch in your settings to turn off this absent feature.
Reebels do not serve you ads from any third party, on Reebels or on other websites. Therefore, concerning Reebels:
- (i) you do not need any switch in your settings to turn off this absent feature;
- (ii) you do not need to use the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) tool to opt out of personalized advertising from Reebels in your browser at http://optout.aboutads.info;
- (iii) you do not need to opt out of personalized ads from Google in the Google’s Ads Settings;
- (iv) you do not need to learn how to opt out of receiving personalized ads in general at http://optout.aboutads.info or http://optout.networkadvertising.org;
- (v) if you use an Android mobile device, you do not need to enable the setting “Limit Ad Tracking” in your device settings;
- and (vi) if you use an iOS mobile device, you do not need to enable the setting “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your device settings.
4.2.3 Usage on other websites
Reebels do not store or use information about your visits to other websites to personalize your experience on Reebels. Therefore, you do not need any switch in your settings to turn off this absent feature.
5. General elements
- (i) will be at https://www.reebels.com/legal/cookies_policy;
- and (ii) will regulate our use of the Technologies.
If we realize a change that, in our judgement, is significant, we will send you a notification via an email to the email address linked to your account.